Houghton Regis Town Council - Budget 2017/18
After much deliberation and hard work the Town Council has set its budget and precept for 2017/18 and is able to advise residents that the precept has been set at £822,451 which will enable the Band D charge to remain the same for the fourth year running.
The budget which has been set makes provision for the delivery of the projects identified in the Town Council Plan, Houghton Regis: Our 2020 Vision, including:
Corporate Services Committee:
- CCLA Management fees for the Property investment fund;
- Interest and dividends has been increased to reflect investments;
- Appointment of a community development officer and 2 apprentice positions.
Environment & Leisure Committee
- Ongoing provision has been made to manage and maintain public open spaces, sports facilities, play areas, the cemetery and All Saints churchyard.
Community Services Committee:
- Increased number and frequency of community events;
- Local retailer support (Shop Local Campaign etc);
- Development of a town centre feature;
- Enhancement of community facilities including Bedford Square centre;
- Development of an allotment site;
- Improved community safety and reduced fear of crime.
Planning & Licensing Committee
- Professional support to guide the Council in relation to the planning developments;
- Development of a Neighbourhood Plan
APPROVED BUDGET AVAILABLE HERE
For further details on the budget, please contact the Town Clerk on (01582) 708540 or by e-mail on email@example.com
Last updated about 4 years ago